Songshan Market The Songshan Market first became a center of commerce during the Qing dynasty, when it served as a trading hub for commodities brought into the Songshan district by water transport. The market played a significant role in fostering the development of Xikou Harbor on the Keelung River. The Songshan Market Building was built in 1909. The structure still preserves its original look, with its cypress truss girders and outer cobbled walls remaining in a quite good condition.
The Taipei City Department of Cultural Affairs
Best viewed with IE 6.0 or higher with 800 x 600 resolution
Copyright 2005 Department of Cultural Affairs 1, City Hall Rd., Taipei, 11008, Taiwan, R.O.C. Tel: 886-2-27208889Updated: 2017/11/20 07:17:23